The Sinnoh Stone is necessary to evolve several creatures from the first, second and third generation of Pokémon such as Magneton and Nosepass.
With the introduction of the fourth generation in Pokémon GO in mid-October 2018 there were also evolutions of creatures belonging to Kanto, Johto and Hoenn, such as Lickitung, Sneasel and Kirlia.
To obtain them, the Sinnoh Stone (the region of the fourth generation) is needed , which can be obtained by meeting the weekly challenge of research tasks, among other ways.
With it, and a hundred candies of the corresponding Pokémon, you can get the following evolutions .
- Magneton with 100 candies Magnemite evolves to Magnezone
- Rhydon with 100 candies Rhyhorn evolves to Rhyperior
- Lickitung with 100 candies Lickitung evolves to Lickilicky
- Tangela with 100 candies Tangela evolves to Tangrowth
- Electabuzz with 100 candies Electabuzz evolves to Electivire
- Magmar with 100 candies Magmar evolves to Magmortar
- Sneasel with 100 candies Sneasel evolves to Weavile
- Togetic with 100 candies Togepi evolves to Togekiss
- Yanma with 100 candies Yanma evolves to Yanmega
- Gligar with 100 candies Gligar evolves to Gliscor
- Murkrow with 100 candies Murkrow evolves to Honchkrow
- Kirlia with 100 candy Ralts evolves to Gallade
- Misdreavus with 100 candies Misdreavus evolves to Mismagius
- Piloswine with 100 candies Swinub evolves to Mamoswine
- Dusclops with 100 candies Duskull evolves to Dusknoir
- Snorunt with 100 candies Snorunt evolves to Frosslass
- Aipom with 100 candies Aipom evolves to Ambipom
- Roselia with 100 candies Roselia evolves to Roserade
- Porygon2 with 100 candies Porygon evolves to Porygon-Z
- Nosepass with 100 candies Nosepass evolves to Probopass
The Sinnoh Stone can play randomly when claiming the reward of Professor Willow after performing seven research tasks or participating in coaching matches, although as we say, it depends on the player’s luck to get it or not.
It is not the only object of the Niantic game necessary to evolve Pokémon. There are also Dragon Scale, King Rock, Metallic Coating, Solar Stone and Improvement. All of them can be obtained at random by rotating a photodisk of a Poképarada for the seventh consecutive time in a week.