It is a Tier 5 Legendary Raid Boss in Pokemon GO (33794 Combat Power). Best Cresselia counters are strong Ghost and Dark-type users like Gengar, Mewtwo, Tyranitar, but also strong Bug-types like Scizor and Pinsir. Cresselia is weak to Bug, Dark and Ghost moves. Cresselia can have the following CP values when caught in the post-raid capture encounter:
- 1555 – 1633 CP in normal weather conditions
- 1944 – 2041 CP in Windy weather
It could theoretically be duoed by extremely lucky, level 40 teams of SC Gengars with Fog weather and best friend boosts. Realistically 3-5 high-level players can tackle a Cresselia with proper counters, and 6-20 lower level players can handle one.
The following Pokemon are considered to be best raid counters in Pokemon GO.
Cresselia moves analysis
- Futuresight is a scary move, but not against Dark-types. Tyranitar performs marvelously against Cresselia’s Futuresight, shedding off its attacks with ease. A respectable move, that completely destroys Gengar.
- Moonblast is a strong Fairy-type move that deals increased damage to Tyranitar, but nothing groundbreaking, but still hard hitting
- Aurora Beam can be confusing, but fear not, as it doesn’t deal increased damage to Mewtwo, Tyranitar, Gengar, Scizor nor Weavile. One of, if not the, easiest move set to fight against.
Cresselia is boosted by Windy weather, while being more vulnerable in Fog and Rainy weather.