Niantic continues to work on improving the Game Coach Combats now that the third anniversary is celebrated. We review the news.
Niantic has announced news for Pokémon GO . Beyond the large number of temporary events that are taking place this month of July, with Mewtwo Armored as the main protagonist, the developer is working on improving the Trainer Combats with small details that will affect the PvP experience . Also, new attacks are coming.
Short breaks in the battle when changing Pokémon
The first change directly affects the PvP. Pokémon GO Trainer Combats are based on real-time combat games with 1v1 matches where each Pokémon can make a fast attack and one charged when we have enough energy. From now on, the battle will be paused for a brief period of time when the Pokémon is changed – either because it has fallen or because it is the deliberate change of an active one.
In this way, by taking a short pause, the players will have a few seconds to think about the strategy and choose the Pokémon that we are going to summon next; this will prevent the Pokémon from causing damage to each other while being removed from the Poké Ball, which we knew as the inevitable residual damage. Now it disappears.
This rebalancing also affects the loaded attack , which will be improved with “new and fun” sliding and pressing mechanics, so it will no longer be just pressing. We do not know how exactly this change will apply.
New movements for the Pokémon
From the next weeks, a series of Pokémon will receive new attacks, movements that before could not learn and that directly affect their presence in the competitive scene. Creatures previously less used for their lack of versatility in the range of movements will now gain presence in the PvP; likewise, it is expected that this measure will balance the balance and stop seeing some species so recurrently.
New attacks never seen in Pokémon GO
- Charm – Fast Attack Fairy type: Raichu, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Wobbuffet, Granbull, Donphan, Gardevoir, Delcatty, Latias, Togekiss and Gallade.
- Header – Attack loaded with Normal type that improves the user’s defense statistics 100% of the time: Blastoise, Raichu, Lapras, Snorlax and Rhyperior.
Pokémon that learn new attacks
- 026 Raichu de Alola – Hierba Lazo: Raichu de Alola currently can only learn attacks of Electric and Psychic type. Grass Lazo will give you more type coverage and help you protect your weakness against Earth-type attacks.
- 045 Vileplume – Sludge Pump: Sludge Pump provides Vileplume with a powerful charged Poison type attack to make the most of its Plant and Poison types.
- 097 Hypno – Fire Fist, Ice Fist and Thunder Fist: these attacks provide Hypno with coverage to help him in the Super Ball League.
- 101 Electrode – Dirty Game: all the attacks that Electrode can learn now are Normal or Electric. Foul Play provides more type coverage to Electrode.
- 142 Aerodactyl – Thrower: Thrower allows Aerodactyl to compete in the Super Ball League against other Flying-type Pokémon such as Altaria.
- 144 Articuno – Past Power and Frozen Singing: Iceed Singing will help Articuno use his most frequently charged attacks in combat. Past Power gives you additional type coverage.
- 145 Zapdos – Power Past and Peak Drill: Zapdos can now only learn charged attacks of the Electric type. Pico Taladro gives you another type option and, in addition, it is a natural complement to this Pokémon. Past Power provides Zapdos with additional type coverage.
- 146 Moltres – Past Power and Wing Attack: Wing Attack provides Moltres with a fast attack alternative to Fire Twist; and Past Power brings a new type to your charged attacks.
- 254 Sceptile – Dragon Claw: Dragon Claw gives Sceptile additional coverage to compete with Dragon type Pokémon in the Super Ball League and the Ultra Ball League.
- 306 Aggron – Anti-aircraft: the fast attack Antiaircraft should make Aggron a formidable option that can be used in any league.
- 344 Claydol – Fango Bomb: this Earth-type alternative to Claydol’s Psychic Fast attack provides additional type coverage. In this way, their abilities improve against the Pokémon resistant to the attacks of Psychic type.
- 437 Bronzong – Terratemblor and Psicocarga: Terratemblor and Psicocarga are loaded attacks that Bronzong can take advantage of to differentiate themselves from other Pokémon of Psychic type or Steel like Metagross.
- 466 Electivire – Ice Fist: all the charged attacks that Electivire can learn at present are of the Electric type. Fist Ice provides more type coverage to Electivire.
In this article we have compiled all the events that are being held in the game until the end of July ; from research tasks such as Start up to Legendary Raids or the arrival of Deoxys Speed. The next appointment starts on July 9 and ends on July 16 with Entei, which will sometimes appear in shiny form .